Friday, July 14, 2006

Woolworth & Woolco Stereo Spectacular!


1978

Here's a cool old TV commercial from 1978, for the Woolworth & Woolco Stereo Spectacular Sale! I'm sure many of us ran straight to the mall after seeing a spot like this, to stock up on our records and 8-track tapes! :)

Man, I remember quite fondly these kinds of commercials, which pretty much ran around the clock in those days on TV. Alas, good times, good times...

Note: Video is Flash format. If you don't see it, you must temporarily disable your ad-blocking programs.



5 Comments:

Blogger Scott Parsons said...

What's Woolco?
In 1978, we didn't have a mall. We had to go to Gemco.
Scott

Fri Jul 14, 03:07:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

It's really scarey when you think you actually remember seeing that commercial!

Fri Jul 14, 05:22:00 PM  
Blogger Livemalls said...

Oh man, bigmallrat! What's Woolco? Only the coolest of the old-school discount stores (in this Woolworth/Woolco nut's eyes anyway)

I have an MP3 file of a Woolco appliance and electronics sale from that same time period with this funky jingle music that I love listening to from time to time. Brings back great memories.

Fri Jul 14, 07:49:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Sobieniak said...

It's only a shame I was born a bit too late to enjoy Woolco, but I had however been to Woolworth's, so it still counts!

Sat Jul 15, 12:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought my first "stereo" at Woolworth in 1977. I know I went to that sale to get some 8-tracks for it! Gad Im old!

Mon Jul 17, 08:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.