Thursday, September 28, 2006

Big Town Mall


Mesquite, Texas - circa 1960s

I think they were taking a picture of a beautiful sky and the shopping mall got in the way, hehe. But trust me, that is Big Town Mall out there, I swear.

Composition aside, I'm actually hoping to get a better quality version of this postcard down the road. When I do I'll repost a much better shot.

Mall history: 1959 - 2006 (dead)
Current aerial view
Info from Wikipedia
Resource articles: 1, 2, 3, 4
Previous entries: 1



3 Comments:

Blogger Scott Parsons said...

Big Town, Big Sky...
Another dead mall :(
Scott

Thu Sep 28, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Aw man... you're gonna make me cry, Scott. (sniffle)

Thu Sep 28, 07:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good pic of Wards. When they were tearing it down, you were able to see the original facade (before the added on to it) with the MW logo, among the wreckage. It looks like they just built around the original building and left what was there - logo and all. A surprise piece of history. Very sad to see this go. :(

Fri Sep 29, 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.