Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Cherry Hill Mall


Cherry Hill, New Jersey - circa 1960's

On The Mall at Cherry Hill! A portion of Woolworth's is visible on the right, in this cool interior shot.

I dig all the foliage here, the gaudy yellow beams, and also the way the natural sunlight is streaming through the skylights above, dancing across the floor (I think those are skylights, as it certainly looks like natural light coming in). Cherry Hill Mall was absolutely swankastic in the early days!

PS: Blogger has been down for maintenance for a while today, if you couldn't access MOA earlier. Besides that, things have still been very funky (not groovy) with the service the past day (continuing on the problems that I mentioned began on Friday). Fun. Hopefully it will finally start settling down now and playing nice.

PSS: Go Tigers!!! (please)

Mall history: 1961 - present
Architect: Victor Gruen
Current website: here
Current aerial view
Info from Wikipedia
Previous entries: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow talk about memory lane...... I used to go there with my mom & grandmother when I was a kid. I remember the birds and the large indoor trees etc. A fond memory of the lunch counter at Woolworths, where you could "POP" a balloon and get a bannana split for a penny to a dollar!!! Thanks for the pleasant memories! Oh, and, DANG! Tigers lost! UGH! HA

Sun Oct 29, 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Wow. I also remember visiting this mall with my mom and grandmother when I was a kid. Ironically as well, I was a sales associate at Babbage's there in the late 1980's. Good times!

Thu Dec 06, 03:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.