Monday, May 14, 2007

International Malls: Yorkdale Shopping Centre


Toronto, Ontario, Canada - circa 1960s

The Yorkdale Shopping Centre (aka Yorkdale Mall) was such a groovy shopping mall at one time! This retro postcard proves it. Every photo I see of it I love. (I'm talking about the vintage Yorkdale Shopping Centre, of course.) Looks like it was one heck of a swanky shopping destination back then.

Mall history: 1964 - present
Current website: here
Current aerial view
Info from Wikipedia
Previous entries: 1, 2

Labels: , , , , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea it does. In the picture in the top lefthand corner, what is it that is curving around? Staircase?

Sat May 19, 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what year that picture was taken. I worked at Yorkdale mall in the late 70's early 80's...and it looked just like that. Now it's totally expanded, but to me it will always be the same old Yorkdale.

Thu May 24, 12:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Voltron Look Book said...

Appreciatee you blogging this

Sat Dec 23, 12:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.