Tuesday, May 01, 2007

MOA Galleria - Eastwood Mall Fashion Shop


Birmingham, Alabama - 1960's

Swinging '60s ladies shopping and chit-chatting inside a fashionable store in a vintage-era Eastwood Mall. Don't know if this was a boutique, salon, or just the women's department of some larger store, but whatever it is, it looks pretty groovy to me.

In the '70s I remember getting dragged into lots of these kinds of stores by my mom as a kid. I didn't mind too much though, because even at that young age (we'll say around 10) I'd always use the opportunity to "scope out the chicks"! Usually meaning any cute 9 or 10 year-old girls who got dragged in by their mothers, too. And sure, sometimes I even scoped out their foxy, hot pantsted, go-go booted moms, too, I'll admit it. I had that kind of game.

More Eastwood Mall: 1, 2

(Study image © & courtesy The Birmingham News)

Labels: , , , ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Cora Buhlert said...

Checks, stripes, flowers - talk about your clashing patterns. Yet somehow the whole thing works.

The hair on both employees and patrons is quite remarkable, too.

Tue May 01, 05:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a lovely garden of fashion!!

Wed May 02, 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger todd said...

Check out the ashtray on a pedestal next to the chair! Man, today, somebody would flip out! I remmeber those days and always played with these ashtrays and always was scolded because they were "dirty."

Wed May 02, 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger Scott Parsons said...

This some big hair!
Scott

Thu May 03, 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a very informative article. I am glad to have discovered your blog. I will definitely promote this blog among my circle of friends.
Ladies Designer Clothing

Sun Jun 27, 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger RK CLOTHING DESIGNS said...

Hello, I really enjoyed reading your post. I found your site from Yahoo. Will bookmark to return later. Thanks!

wholesale lingerie

Mon Jun 28, 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger RK CLOTHING DESIGNS said...

Excellent site, keep up the good work. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people

lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks,
A definite great read…


lingerie

Wed Jul 21, 06:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.