Friday, May 25, 2007

MOA Galleria - Escalators


photo ©2004 Finn O'Hara

Escalators at Canary Wharf, in London, England. While there are certainly plenty of stores and shopping opportunities to be had at and around Canary Wharf for the retail-minded, my focus for this Galleria post is simply on its escalators.

This very cool shot was taken by Toronto photographer, Finn O'Hara, and I just really dig it. Not a mall shot, but I still dig it. Like the mannequin pictures I (for whatever reason) enjoy featuring often here at Malls of America, you can also add escalators to the list. I like pictures of those, too. Now that I think of it, I like riding on them as well. So when are they finally going to turn all our sidewalks into 'em like on the Jetsons? I want that!

Also see: Bullock's Store at Stonestown Shopping Center, Department Store Escalators Study

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Cora Buhlert said...

I probably rode on those escalators. Unless they are actually inside the One Canada Square building, commonly called Canary Wharf Tower - because I was thrown out of the Tower by a security guard who decided that "I'd like to take a look at the building" was not an adequate reason to be there.

One of the downsides of being interested in architecture is that you tend to get thrown out of potentially interesting buildings all the time. I was thrown out of the Chrysler building as well, for wanting to take photos of the Art Deco interior.

Fri May 25, 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger Livemalls said...

Escalators are great. I like really long ones, like they have at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Water Tower Place in Chicago, and the Filene's Basement store in Union Square in New York.

Fri May 25, 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger Retro Attic said...

Cool photo!

Thu May 31, 01:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, Cora! Yea that is a downside. Everytime I take a photo of a vintage treasure I am always affraid of someone objecting. I look over my shoulder nervously much like I do when I get on an escalator!

Sat Jun 02, 01:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Mansfield Pest Control said...

This was greatt to read

Sun Aug 21, 05:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.